I enjoy a variety of pursuits, including writing, teaching, discussing ideas over a good cigar and port, and soaking in as much outside air as I can.
under the surface
I’m an INTP (Myers-Briggs) and a 5 on the Enneagram.
- At my best, I’m mentally alert and curious, noticing the world around me with intense awareness
- At my worst, I’m avoidant and detached
- I like solitude
- I tend to be a rule breaker
- I’m curious about the dark side of life, occasionally dabbling in nihilism
- I’m trying not to be so damn skeptical
- My basic desire is to be capable and competent
- If I seem spaced out, I’m probably preoccupied with my thoughts and imaginary constructs.
- I am eccentric, but try to maintain a veneer of normalcy (I’m not good at that).
- I like eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- My favorite sport is Brazillian Jiu Jitsu. It is a perfect blend of art, technical movement, and force. I will train BJJ until I am on my deathbed, at which point I hope to have improved beyond my white belt. 🙂
my goal as a writer
My goal is constant movement and improvement. I move on to the next idea too quickly, so I’m focused right now on developing things more deeply instead of giving up and moving on.
- I am developing an idea for a book that examines how theology and psychology are both very personal, relevant, and complementary.
- Would love to teach Bible or theology in a formal setting of some kind.
- I am currently writing a fiction book, which I started as part of National Novel Writing Month in 2013. It sucks, but that means there is plenty of room for development.
- Would love to live almost anywhere in the Pacific Northwest.